C-TEC’s new BS 8629: 2019 compliant evacuation alert system specifically designed to assist the fire and rescue services in evacuating high-rise residential buildings in fire emergencies.
British-built and comprising a range of evacuation alert panels, single and multi-way flat interface units, self-testing evacuation alert sounders and Equality Act-compliant visual indicators and vibrating pillow pads, EVAC-ALERT facilitates the safe and orderly evacuation of buildings containing flats.
Watch the video
The key things you need to know about EVAC-ALERT in under 3 minutes!
EVAC-ALERT© Key Points
- Comprises a range of evacuation alert panels, flat interface units, self-testing evacuation alert sounders, visual indicators and vibrating pillow pads.
- Can be used to create a simple-to-use, fully BS 8629 compliant, building specific evacuation alert system.
- Manual controls allow the FRS to operate evacuation alert devices located inside flats on a zone by zone or floor by floor basis.
- Facilitates the safe and orderly evacuation of a building should Stay Put / Defend In Place fail.
- All evacuation panels comprise C-TEC manufactured electronic components and a robust GERDA manufactured vandal-resistant cabinet to STS 205 Issue 3 (2011) and EN 1303 (Building hardware. Cylinders for locks) as required by BS 8629.
- Multiple evacuation panels can be interconnected for larger installations and to reduce wiring costs
- Wide range of flat interface units – single way and four-way (extendable to 8 way) versions to accommodate new build and retro-fit installations.
- Multiple evacuation alert devices including self-testing 100dB sounders (allowing tests to be carried out by service personnel without having to enter flats), visual indicators and vibrating pillow pads for Equality Act compliance.
- Powered by C-TEC’s powerful CAST open protocol technology.
- ENVISIONTM Enabled – fully compatible with C-TEC’s dynamic Cloud based data management software which can be used to provide duty holders with a verifiable audit trail of system activity & device testing.
- Designed and manufactured in the UK.
What is BS 8629?
BS 8629:2019 is a new British code of practice that gives guidance on Evacuation Alert Systems installed in blocks of flats to assist the Fire and Rescue Service (FRS) in evacuating part or all of a building in an emergency.
Want to know more?
Please give us a call on 020 8763 8800
EVAC-ALERT© Product Demonstration
Click below to see a short Evac-Alert product demonstration from C-TEC’s Projects Director Andy Scott.